Paperless Season/unreserved/Platform Tickets services started from tomorrow 9th October 2015.
As per Press Release Railway Start Many Paperless Services including platform ticket.
Shri Suresh Prabhu, Hon’ble Minister of Railways, Govt. of India will inaugurate various IT Services on Central, Western and Northern Railways through video conferencing from Rail Bhavan, New Delhi on 9.10.2015.
- Paperless unreserved ticket for Mumbai Suburban Section on Central Railway,
- Paperless Season Tickets on mobile phones on Central, Western & Northern Railway (New Delhi-Palwal Section).
- Paperless Platform Tickets at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai, Dadar, Panvel, Thane and Lokmanya Tilak Terminus on CR; Mumbai Central, Borivali, Andheri, Dadar, Vasai Road and Bandra on WR & New Delhi and Hazrat Nizamuddin on NR.
- Currency-cum-Coin-cum-Card operated Automatic Ticket Vending Machines at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Mumbai, Dadar and Lokmanya Tilak Terminus on CR; Churchgate and Mumbai Central on WR
- Train Enquiry Mobile Application on iOS platform
This is a part of ’Digital India’ programme which is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.