Kumbh Preparations Railway Work details at Allahabad Junction
As per Press Released by North Central Railway Following Work Process Done or Under Process at Allahabad Junction for Kumbh Preparations.
- Multi-level parking and pilgrim centre on the city side (in G+6 Building). This will also contain retiring rooms, ORH etc.
- Skywalk to connect all foot over bridges (Smith Road FOB to be Joined with Line Shah Baba FOB along PF No. 4 and 6; Line Shah Baba to be connected to Public FOB along PF.No. 2 and 3; Public FOB to be connected to new FOB to be constructed by Bridge Line on Delhi end)
- Construction and Extension of Platform Sheds: All platforms at ALD station to be covered 100%.
- Development of the Circulating area (City Side)
- Construction of overhead tank of a capacity of 1 lakh gallons for the supply of drinking water
- Construction of three new deep bore wells
- Construction of 4 new passenger enclosures (City Side)
- A G+3 building will be constructed in GRP colony in city side to accommodate present cooperative bank, TT Rest house and other offices.
- Rs 116 crores are to be spent on all the above works.