Confusion over Some Stations Shared by Two or More Zones
Many times we search for trains availability there is Two Type Same Station Name Dadar, which actually consists of one station under WR (code ‘DDR’) and one under CR (code ‘DR’). Sometimes the separation is on the basis of the gauge of lines. Sometime Passneger confused which need to select.
Below are the Station Names which share with double Zones. So next time you got Same station in Two Type Code don’t confuse.
- (Old) Delhi is shared between Bikaner and Delhi divisions
- Howrah is shared by ER and SER
- Hazrat Nizamuddin is shared by NCR and NR
- Akola is shared by SCR and CR. MG platforms at Akola are run by SCR while the BG ones are run by CR’s Bhusawal Division.
- Mathura Jn. is shared by WR and NR (BG), and by NER (MG).
- Mughalsarai is shared by NR and ER
- Nagpur under CR is shared by SECR’s Nagpur division as well — SECR’s NG lines terminate next to the BG platforms of CR, and SECR administers that NG portion of the station. Staff at SECR NG platforms of Nagpur belong to CR but are paid their salary by SECR!
- NR and NER share several stations. Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad, Bareilly, Shahjahanpur, Shahganj, and others have their BG portions under NR and their MG portions under NER. In the case of Lucknow both zones have divisional headquarters there.
- Wadi is under CR’s Solapur division, but shared with SCR as well.
- Malda Town is a divisional headquarters for ER, but used to be an NFR station and still has NFR’s main BG diesel shed.
- Chindwara has SECR NG lines terminating at the station and also BG lines belonging to CR terminating there.