Want to Cancel Railway Counter Ticket through IRCTC Website all you need to Know
How to Cancel Counter Ticket Online?
Cancel Railway Station Ticket Online.
Through this Facility any type of Railway Tickets Can be Cancelled through IRCTC Website quickly.
A new page will be given on IRCTC website (https://www.operations.irctc.co.in/ctcan/SystemTktCanLogin.jsf) without any login ID for purpose of cancellation of PRS counter tickets.
- Passenger will be asked to enter the PNR number & Train number along with captcha.
- The details entered by passenger shall be validated and an OTP will be sent to the passenger to his mobile number given at the time of booking the ticket. The OTP received on the mobile will be entered by the passenger in the web page and it will be validated by the system.
- After receiving the confirmation OTP number from the passenger, full cancellation of PNR will be done and PNR will be marked as Cancelled but not refunded in the system. Seat/berth will be released and would be made available for booking both at PRS & IRCTC Website. Refund amount due will also be displayed to the passenger on the website.
- An SMS will be sent to the passenger with PNR and fare details – ”Your ticket has been cancelled. PNR, xxxxxx, Amt,xxxxx. Refund of fare amount shall be collected only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations as per the notified time”.
- All the Privilege/Duty pass/PTOs/complimentary pass tickets shall be allowed to be cancelled through website or through 139.
- All types of PNRs including i-tickets (after printing) and system tickets booked across counter/post office/YTSK/Go India terminals/Bank terminals etc.’ will be allowed to be cancelled on website except the following:
- Circular Journey tickets and onwards tickets booked against CJT.
- Foreign tourists PNRs against which berth allotment has been done
- ATAS generated new PNR
- Duplicate ticket.
- Cluster ticket and pre-bought ticket.
For Get Refunds
- For tickets cancelled (including return journey tickets) before 24 hours of scheduled train departure time:
- Refund of fare as permissible can be collected on submission of original PRS counter ticket from any PRS counter of Indian Railways upto 4 hours before the scheduled departure time of the train in case of confirmed tickets and upto thirty minutes before the scheduled departure time of train in case of RAC/waitlisted tickets.
- For tickets cancelled (including return journey tickets) between 24 hours and upto 4 hours for the confirmed tickets and upto thirty minutes for RAC/waitlisted tickets before the scheduled departure time: Refund of cancelled PRS counter tickets through IRCTC website or 139 at present is permitted only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations by surrendering original journey ticket. Please check the convenience of collecting refund from journey commencing station before cancelling your ticket
- During first two hours of the opening of PRS counters on the next day for the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure as under:- time is (i) between 1801 hours and 0600 hours.
- Upto 4 hours after the scheduled departure of the train during the working hours of PRS counters/current counters/special counters where cancellation is permitted round the clock on the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure time is (i) between 0601 hours and 1800 hours.
Must Read What to To After Cancel Counter Ticket through Website to Get Refund Amount.