All about Indian Railways IRCTC Waiting list E-Tickets

Note: This Post is only For those tickets which Booked on irctc.co.in website. And here we follow the latest rules make by irctc for Waiting List E-ticket.

Supposed you booked E-Ticket and it is Fully Waiting then what is the First Question in your Mind.

• Can I travel with this Waiting Ticket even if not confirmed?
  • No Problem I try Tatkal Booking Before one Day of Journey and if booking done than I cancelled this Waiting E-ticket.
  • What are the Rules for Travelled with Waiting E-Tickets?
  • When We Can travel with Waiting E-Tickets?
  • Is Partially Waiting E-tickets valid for Travels?
  • Is RAC Tickets Valid for Travel?
  • What if After Chart Preparation My Waiting E-tickets was No Confirmed?
  • How Can I cancel my Waiting E-tickets After Chart Preparation?
  • I have Waiting E-ticket but Still Ticket Checker Charged me?

An additional facility of booking wait list e-tickets is now available for all trains. The salient features are as under:-

1. Name of the passengers whose status is fully confirmed / fully RAC after chart preparation, their names shall appear in charts & they can undertake their journey.
  1. Name of the passengers whose names are partially confirmed/partially wait list or partially RAC their names shall appear in charts including the wait list passengers. (All including Waiting list passenger may travel, They may be allotted berths if there are any cancellation in the coach. Else you may have to adjust amongst yourselves. But this cannot be claimed as right. Some TTEs may not permit.)
  1. Cancellation of e-tickets by the customer/Agent through Internet is permitted only before chart preparation of the train. For any claims on e-tickets to be cancelled after the preparation of Reservation charts, the user has to send an email at the earliest possible time to etickets@irctc.co.in giving full details of the ticket and stating the claim, which would then be processed by IRCTC with the Railway administration offline and refunds as sanctioned by the Railway administration would be credited back to the user’s account.
  1. Names of the Passengers who are left out fully (all the passengers in the transaction) on waiting list after chart preparation, their names will be dropped and will not appear in charts. They are not allowed to board the train. If detected traveling in the train, they shall be treated as passenger traveling without ticket as per extant Railway Rules. Their cancellation shall be done by IRCTC after chart preparation and refund shall be arranged from Railways by IRCTC and credited to customer/Agent account electronically.

If you Not Got your Answer Here than Post Your Question in Comments.

All about Indian Railways IRCTC Waiting list E-Tickets

54 thoughts on “All about Indian Railways IRCTC Waiting list E-Tickets

• Pingback: Anti Tout Squad Checks at Kandivali, Goregaon & Surat - IRCTC NEWS

• Pingback: List of Fully Cancelled Trains on 24th January 2015

• March 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM

My simple query is that I have e-ticket for 02 Apr 2016 where one passenger is confirmed and one passenger is WL1. If ticket is not confirmed, can we both board Rajdhani Express.

• March 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM

Name of the passengers whose names are partly confirmed/partly waitlist or partly RAC/partly waitlist, their names shall appear in charts including the waitlist passengers.

instructions to permit the partiallly waitlisted passenger to board the same coach with the CNF passengers of the same PNR,even it is one CNF and 5 WL. He said there is no circular or official rule stating this. But no berth or seat will be provided. They have to adjust with the CNF berth/seat.

• April 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM

4 e tickets were booked in Rajdhani 2AC. Out of 4, 2 tickets get confirmed. for the waitlisted ticket I will have to file TDR or I will get refund automatically?

• April 8, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Yes, you need to Cancelled by TDR also other waiting passenger can traveled if thy want.

Else File TDR within time limit for Get Refund.

Thank you.

• March 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM

If my tatkal e _ ticket is not conform than in how many time you inform us. & in how many time you refund our many.

• March 25, 2016 at 7:25 PM

As per Rules Fully Waiting list E-Ticket Cancelled Automatically After Chart Prepared. The Refund Process are Same as Normal Tickets.

• April 26, 2016 at 11:59 AM

I don’t get my fair refund after cancelled my w/l ticket in shtabdi

• April 28, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Please tell me if I have tatkal ticket of single pnr of 3 passengers BT 2 cnf and 1 in wait list after chart prepration.. Can I file TDR ????and how much amount would b refunded ?????
    Please tell in detail

• April 29, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Yes you can File TDR for Waiting as it’s partially Confirmed tickets.
      Also you can travel in this kind of tickets.

Thank you.

• May 4, 2016 at 9:51 PM

When i booked eticket its in WL but afterwards its confirmed so how can i get confirmed eticket by mail.

• May 5, 2016 at 8:18 AM

Reprint it or also you may continue journey with your Old Printout or Original Message.

• June 11, 2016 at 6:29 AM

Window waiting ticket of sleeper class is valid to enter or not…….

• July 1, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Dear sir, I have a e – ticket of RAJDHANI EXP for me and my wife under same PNR.But, one berth is confirm and another is waitlist.So,my question is ,can waitlist passenger of same PNR travel with me?Please reply soon.

• July 4, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I have a e tkt pnr no. 2800176573 to travel on 10.7.16 from Mathura Jn to Surat in 1-AC.we r both Sr Ctzns.My berth is cfm & my wife is put on RLWL1GN. I cant travel alone. Is my wife permitted to undertake journey on 1 berth alloted to me, incase her name is not cleared at final charting. Should we both continue this journey or NOT ?

• July 5, 2016 at 11:24 PM

Both need adjust, because in waiting other passenger may not get seat.

• July 7, 2016 at 2:12 PM

I m surprised at ur comments on RLWL1 position to travel.Yr opinion is NOT matched per provisions of INDIAN RAILWAYS ? WHY ? ON RLWL1 position ; IRCTC, NDLS CUSTOMER CARE specifically mention that after chart prepration all RLWL passengers will be treated as ticketless even on ONE PNR, when 1 berth is confirmed & other is ON RLWL1. In that case , RLWL1 has to cancell tkt by filing a TDR before 30 minutes of dept of train. Waitlisted passgr will NOT be allowed to travel on same PNR ; when 1 berth is cfmd.
    U r saying both passgrs have to adjust on 1 berthon same PNR. On train TT WILL NOT ALLOW IT as per IRCTC, customer Care, NDLS & TT will recover penalty from WL pssgr.

• July 8, 2016 at 12:19 AM

Well you will also Right but in Some cases it can be (As per Rules Not, But Practically Many TTE Allowed if both Passengers are ready to adjust and the depend Circumstances. Also Some TTEs may not permit). And in Slipper Reserved/3 Tier AC lots of Partially Waiting Passengers are Traveling (Details from experience and Other Sources ).

Anyway I notice that you mention in you comment your Ticket in 1st AC, As i am not found any sources that in 1st and 2nd AC Coach TTE allow Waiting Passengers. So, Batter Make Sure with Railway Customer Care.

Thank you.

• July 16, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Sir my e-ticket is not confirmed after chart preparation shall I get my refund automatically single person ticket

• July 17, 2016 at 11:33 PM

Yes you will, Also You Can check refund status Anytime.

• July 19, 2016 at 12:13 AM

Is the new rule says that a waiting list ticket will be booked after a Tatkal one during booking of Tatkal??

• July 20, 2016 at 10:57 PM

Unable to understand what you want to say.

• July 20, 2016 at 12:46 AM

I have book e-ticket from irctc agent on 19 jul 2016 for journey on 20 july 2016 in 3rd AC. Now chart prepare and where one passenger is confirmed RAC and one passenger is WL1 in same PNR ticket , can we both board porbandar hawra express 12905.

• July 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM

SIR MAINE WAITING TICKET IRCTC SE LEYA THA YADI O CHART PREPARE TAK CONFIRM NAHI HOTA TO KYA O TICKET AUTOMATIC CANCLLED HO JAYGA

• July 20, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Yes, Auto cancellation in Case Fully Waiting after chart preparation.

• August 18, 2016 at 12:08 AM

my Tatkaal e-ticket is not confirmed after chart preparation shall I get my refund automatically single person ticket

• August 27, 2016 at 10:42 AM

I booked e ticket to travel from NDLS to CPR by New Delhi Dibrugarh Rajdhani express for four persons. Two is confirmed but two is WL What should we do?Can we travel? In case WL is not allowed what will be for WL passenger ?DOJ 28-08-2016

• August 27, 2016 at 11:24 PM

In Case TT Refused to accept then Pay the Fine and also Take the Certificate for both Passenger for Get Refunds. For more details and confirmation Dial 139 or IRCTC Customer Care.

• October 3, 2016 at 8:28 PM

I have a WL e.ticket for travelling on 04/10/2016 from Vadodara to Itarsi bytrain no.11463(somnath-jabalpur). If not confirmed till chart preparatiion, can I travel on this ticket as per the new rules announced during budget 2016.

• October 5, 2016 at 12:00 AM

E-Tickets Auto Cancelled if Fully Waiting list after Chart Prepared

• October 6, 2016 at 5:33 PM

I book 2 online e ticket for me and my wife in 3rd ac class in same pnr . I see on website that only 1 ticket is avilable but i continue to book 2 because i feel i will get 1 ticket in rac but when booking is complete i got my ticket confirm but my wife’s ticket in waiting list 3 in pool quota , i am in 100 % doubt this ticket will confirm . What if this ticket not confirm ?? will both of us allowed to travel in the train or my wife’s ticket will automatically cancel by irctc. I am very confuse what to do coz i can’t travel alone ???? Should i book another train or continue with this ticket ????

• October 10, 2016 at 11:46 PM

Sorry for the late Response, No Tickets Auto Cancel by IRCTC in case partially Confirmed Ticket.

• October 16, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Sir i have taken E ticket and today ticket 11.30 pm it is not confirmed and chart prepared showing waiting 45 money will automatically back or i have cancelled the ticket for refud of money my this ticket we journey or not

• October 18, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Auto cancel in Case In Case Fully Waiting list Ticket.

• November 7, 2016 at 10:29 AM

I have booked a tatkal e ticket for two person of which one is confirmed and other is wait listed will the wait list ticket automatically cancelled?

• December 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Dear Sir
    Please rfer the ticket ID [IRCTC #4518994].
    Till now you have not refunded an amount of Rs.450/-to my source account.
    As confirmed from my banker you have not initiated /requested to bank for refund and or not yet refunded the amount to my source account.
    Kindly refund the amount at the earliest or I have file a dispute form with my Bank which will take 120 days to update the issue. In such an even yo will be liable to pay compensation for such a long period of harassment from your end.
    I have requested thrice this is third time still you are not even thought of resolution of the issue and even not updating the status and no response from your end at all after automatic allotment of Ticket ID.
    Your are advised to act promptly.Further delay will attract to file a complaint with PMO as well as will share the issue in all social media.
    Further the screen shot of your refund detail is attached as ready reference.
    Thanks and Regards
    Sujit Kumar Jana
    8116843325

• December 25, 2016 at 12:13 AM

Kindly Please Send Email to irctc through your registered mail ID for Quick response/Updates.

• March 30, 2017 at 9:43 PM

I had booked online ticket on 26.and on same day I cancelled ticket by when will I get refund

• March 30, 2017 at 11:06 PM

Whenever you Cancelled E-Ticket the refunded Amount Back to your Same Account within 2-4 Working Days as Rules, Practically it’s 3-5 Days.

In your Case May Delayed due to 31st Mar and 1st April Financial Days may Bank Closed or etc. You Will Get Refund on or Before 4th March.

• July 11, 2017 at 5:49 PM

I took ticket with waiting list in railway station but still not confirmed can I travel to enter in reservation coach

• July 13, 2017 at 12:03 AM

As per Rules No But Practically we all know that Almost in Every Train you Can Find Some Passneger traveling with Waiting Tickets.

• July 14, 2017 at 10:45 AM

WHAT IS THE USE OF BECOMING AN IRCTC AGENT ?… IF THE WAITING E TICKET BOOKED BY AN AGENT IS NOT VALID FOR TRAVELING (IF NOT CONFIRMED EVEN AFATER CHART PREPARATION)….ISSE TO ACHHA HAI K COUNTER SE TICKET LO.. KAM SE KAM USSE AAP TRAVEL TO KAR PAOGE WAITING TICKET K SATH…..IRCTC AGENT BANNE K LIYE PAISE BHI KHARCH KARO AUR KOI FAYEDA BHI NA HO 🙁

• July 16, 2017 at 11:39 AM

Yes, You are Right.

Behind truth why waiting E-Ticket not valid, Is Because In the chart carried by Ticket Examiner Only Confirmed Passneger Details available. TTE Can’t Verify the Waiting Ticket So to avoid scam tickets they allow only Counter Ticket.

• July 17, 2017 at 12:29 AM

Can I be allowed to travel with waiting list 3 Ac ticket taken from PRS counter i.e wl/3

• July 22, 2017 at 9:33 AM

In (an e ticket) One PNR (booke for 2 persons) one tkt is confirmed and the other in is wait listed. in that case if we opt for VIKALP scheme,
    1. will they accomodate the waitlisted passenger alone inthe alternate available train or
    2. Both the persons booked in the same PNR will be accommodated in the alternate train in the VIKALP scheme.
    3. it is given that differential amount will neither be charged nor refunded, in that case what will they do if they acccomodate all the passengers in one PNR ( one confirmed and one waitlisted)
    4. is there any clarification that the wait listed person can also board the train along with the confirmed person tkt as both the tkts are booked in one PNR.

• July 25, 2017 at 7:27 PM

Sir, I have e-ticket for 3 passenger in rajdhani express in same PNR but 2 seat confirmed and 1 in waiting list . After chart preparation if waiting list will not confirmed. May waiting listed passenger travel in rajdhani train ?

• August 18, 2017 at 7:09 AM

How many %of chance. If SL ticket waiting list is almost 15 and journey date next day. Can I know is it will confirm or RAC??

• August 18, 2017 at 11:43 PM

Its Depend on Roots/Train/Ticket Waiting type like if GNWL then 80% Chances etc.

Good Luck.